Sunday 8 November 2009

Ready Steady Stamp Challenge 9


The challenge over on RSS is to make a Christmas Banner which will be spread over 4 weeks. The colour scheme is a personal choice, I decided to keep it traditional using red,green and gold but the same colours must be kept throughout the challenge. The shape has to be an inverted triangle which will be linked with the other 3 triangles to form a banner. The other 4 compulsory ingredients to be used are stars, glitter or gems, heat embossing and a stamped and cut out image. I cut my triangle from chipboard, coloured it initially with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint distress inks, I worked into that Versamagic Red Magic and Winter Green. I stamped stars all over the triangle embossed in gold and then I sprayed the whole with Crafty Notions gold spray. The Christmas tree and star is a Blonde Moments stamp, the tree I stamped in gold on to a piece of card which I had coloured in green, cut it out and triple embossed it, stuck red gems on to the tree to resemble lights. The star was stamped on to a piece of gold card triple embossed again, cut out and a gem placed in the middle. I went all the way around the edge with a gold Krylon pen, threaded red and gold beads on to pins with my Crop A Dile punced a hole and attached a jump ring to hold the beads. I really enjoyed making this and I hope I will enjoy doing the other 3 as much as this one. The photo does not do it justice as it actually is quite glittery in real life.

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, would love to see it in the flesh. The beads look beautiful. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so lovely! beautiful colors and composition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab entry Pat !! Can't wait to see the other banners! thanks for playing
    isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. great banner, love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your banner is fab such rich colours, looking forward to seeing the rest. Sorry not been blogging for a while I don't know where time goes! See you later Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat, love your traditional colour banner. Great tree and I love Distress inks too. Can't get enough of them at the moment!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your starry background - fab piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely banner Pat, love the background xx

    ReplyDelete