Sunday 4 October 2009

A BIRTHDAY CARD


Here's a birthday card I did for a friend, I knew her bithday was October but I wasn't quite sure of the date, however, I now know when it is. I hope she doesn't read my blog and see her card before she gets it. The card is copied from the new Wendy Vecchi's project book "Make Art Studio 490 Style". It is a wonderful book full of ideas and she takes you through each project step by step, very detailed. I had to adapt ideas for this card as I unfortunately do not have all Wendy Vecchi's stamps. She uses Rangers Distress Inks, Adirondack Ink pads and Tims Grunge paper all of which can be bought at the Art From The Heart and the Craft Den. I really enjoyed making this card especially as it took my mind off a big drama going on around me-my husband being admitted to hospital very ill. Today he is alot better but under going numerous tests to see what the problem is, he acctually should have been going to Paris today on business so that's put a stop to his "galivanting".

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card Pat!! Hope your Husband is feeling a little better xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Pat, love the colours and the background. Sorry to her about your hubby, hope he's getting better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your husband is still ill. Hope he gets better real soon. Great card hope your friend hasn't read your blog and spoilt her surprise! Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your husband, hope he is ok. The card is great, sure your friend will love it. Love the flower. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments especially the ones about my husband.
    love to all
    Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope hubbys feeling better, love the card x sue x

    ReplyDelete