Tuesday 2 April 2013

APRIL CALENDAR POST

April already, I don't know about you but I don't like the way the time just flies by anyway it is that time again when we all post our calendar challenge pages hosted by the lovely and extremely talented Kate Crane. Again mine is in my home made 10"x8" book which I just love, the pages are made from Tim's manilla card which is perfect for painted backgrounds. This time my background is painted using Tim's Distress Paints in Spring colours seeing as it is supposed to be Spring at this time of year but unfortunately we are still experiencing Arctic conditions with snow still hanging around. I cut egg shapes for my journal blocks to represent new life in Spring, all my little figures are Stampotique except the blue bunny which is from the Octopode Factory. I have a few Rub-Ons here and there and my lettering is from a Suzi Blu alphabet stamp. Nothing too spectacular when you take a look at the calendar pages on Face Book but at least I am keeping up with the challenge this being my 3rd year.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely page Pat, good idea to use an egg shape. I love the backgrounds and the stamps you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your background colors! And love those bird stamps too...especially the two on the bottom right. I think I need to find me some of them cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page Pat. I like the egg idea too :) Haven't even uploaded mine yet even though I made it on time! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages Pat, love the eggs. It's absolutely freezing isn't it :-(
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun Springy calendar spread-love the stamp images too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I think this is a lovely, lovely entry. Looks like your calendar is ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! The eggs are super fun and the colors are warm and springy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely spring calendar page - gorgeous colours and I love the little egg-shaped writing blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Pat,love your eggs! Looks as though your Spring page worked too(here at least) sunny, warmish weather at last, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, love the atmosphere

    ReplyDelete