Sunday 17 July 2011

ANOTHER CREATION

I went with a friend to a Play Day at  Anne's (L'pool Lou) house recently. Anne is extremely good at Fabric crafts, she taught us how to make a "Slash Bag". I decided to make a large bag------big mistake as when you come to the slashing process it takes ages and you have to be very, very careful not to slash through all the layers. The bag is made with 4 layers of material sewn together diagonally and then very carefully slashed to show the underneath layers and it gives the appearance of chenille. I am going to use my bag to carry my journalling stuff when I go to Art Journal days at AFTH.

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Pat, you will be able to get all your crafty stash in there. Love the blue and black colour combo. Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bag - sounds a bit scary having to slash through layers - mine would probably have huge holes in it!!! I have plans to get to AFTH!!!LOL
    Love Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous bag, lovely colours and I can see that there is a lot of work gone into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I'll be looking out for this at AFTH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, this picture really doesn't do it justice it's absolutely fabulous ;-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! WOW! Pat you are sooooo clever! I love your bag.. I shall be looking out for it too at AFTH.. I've booked my first class!!!!

    ReplyDelete