Saturday 10 July 2010

Two days in one week

How lucky am I having been to AFTH two full days this week. The first day was Wednesday which was a "play day", these days are brill as you get to do whatever art work you want with no interruptions. If at home there are constant interruptions, take the dogs out, do some cleaning, shopping,cooking etc while at AFTH you just get to play as long as you like. I spent the day doing a page in a friends circle journal which I can't show you in case she sees it,sorry! Today was Art Journaling day, Dyan gave us a challenge which was to use one of the large Crafters Workshop stencils and some dress pattern tissue. You might not be able to see but there is lots of layering and one of my favourite Stampotique characters stamped on to a piece of tissue under the umbrella and a quote from one of Dyan's downloads.
I took my 13 yr old grand-daughter with me today, she loves to go to AFTH but it was her first time at a Journaling workshop but she did a couple of fantastic pages and what made her day was that she sat with Kate Crane (The Kathryn Wheel) and was able to watch Kate produce another stunning page and pick up a few tips from her, thank you Kate for being so kind and attentive. So here is one of Isabel's pages for you to see.

5 comments:

  1. Stunning pages Pat. Love the colours you have chosen & your doodling is FAB. I alway love seeing your art journal pages they are so inspiring. Have fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Pat - Isabel is a natural! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. both pages are stunning.... Isobel is also gifted, it was lovely to meet her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pages and the character you've created, she's boss. There is no doubting that Isabel is naturally creative just like you!!!! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the spray inks look really fab on this page. Glorious - and I like the way you are working so big.
    It was lovely to meet isobel yesterday. I love to watch younger people create - they don't have the same hang-ups as older us but go more on their instincts. She did some fantastic stuff :-)
    Ooh I really enjoyed the workshop yesterday - it feels like a family reunion!

    ReplyDelete