Thursday 25 March 2010

Is it meant to be?







I have been altering 3 coasters for a swap, closing date tomorrow but I didn't finish them until 5pm today. Yesterday I arranged to go somewhere with my friend Ann and when I looked on the Google map the place for the swap is just down the road, so I can take them with me and deliver them by hand on the correct day, how lucky is that! At 3pm today I decided to check the details of the swap and found out the theme is "Time" 2 of my coasters by chance just happen to have the word Time and one I had stamped and used a Tim's mask clock. So the third one was all wrong so I had to start a new one but I bought a new stamp last night at the Craft Den and it was just meant for the coaster and I did not buy it with the swap in mind, again how lucky is that. The photos do not show the true colours and yet I took the photos in daylight. One is a combination of Tim's new Barn Door and Rusty Hinge. The second one is covered with Button paper and edged in Rusty Hinge and my dress pattern is coloured with chalks and edged in the same distress ink. The third one I painted the coaster with Juniper Dabber, cut a piece of cream card using a nestabilities which I glued to the coaster. The Sugar Nellie stamp I coloured with Copic Markers both from the Craft Den and attached her to a piece of "My Minds Eye" paper. The coffee time label I printed on the computer and secured using one of Tim's new Memo Pins.



I enjoyed this project.

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh thanks for sharing them with us Pat. Definately looks like you had lots of fun making them. :) I love the little new pin. Looks perfect on the coaster.
    Have a lovely time on Friday.
    Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly cut it fine with this swap Pat but hand delivered - you can't get better than that! Coasters look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects and Im sure it was ment to be, I think you better buy a lottery ticket x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all Pat and that Sugar Nellie stamp is gorgeous ;)
    Yes I'm at AFTH this weekend, so hopefully I'll see you - you've seen my pic on my blog, so look out for curly hair and glasses ;)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stoppin' by my blog for the zutter blog hop. :)

    wanted to let you know that you posted a comment in the previous post rather than the blog hop post. i want you to be eligible, so make sure to head on back and leave another comment in the other post! :)

    hugs,
    sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat...The coasters are brill! I love the colours of the 3rd one. I agree with sue, you are in tune with something, go buy that lottery ticket this week! Lynne forgot the envelope but she had emailed me today. Thank you so much for sponsoring me, its much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are great! love them all like the dressmaker one most or is that the red one mmm yep like them all

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete