Monday 17 March 2014

BIRTHDAY SURPRISE A FRIENDSHIP QUILT

It has been my birthday this weekend, I have reached another decade but I am not going to say which one, however it was significant enough for a group of four friends to make me the most fantastic present, all hand made.Ann Briggs, Christine Jones, Sandra Hall and Lynne Hunter (the Craft Den) all got together towards the end of last year to make me this beautiful "throw" for my bed, the quilting work that has gone into it is unbelievable. I was lost for words and quite emotional that these friends would spend so much time and work making what can only be described as an heirloom for me, we have a King size bed so you can just imagine the size of this beautiful piece of work, I just love, love, love everything about it. We all met up today at Sandra's house (Sandy Poppins) as we were going for a celebration lunch this is when they presented me with this stunning surprise. My photo does not do it justice in real life it is amazing and is actually a "Friendship Quilt" not a throw as I said earlier.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you like the Friendship Quilt. We all enjoyed working on it, and as you say it's an heirloom piece. It shows just how much we love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks fabulous, fits the bed perfect. Looks as though it was made to measure ha ha. I hope you get as much pleasure from it has we did making it. Enjoyed today. Love and hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic. What a lovely gift :-)
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous. So glad you liked it. I really enjoyed today. x C

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it was a lovely day the perfect end to a birthday weekend. The quilt looks fab can't wait to show it to the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Pat. What a lovely gift from such lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous present! Happy Birthday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, lucky you! A beautiful quilt and present. Wishing you a belated 'happy birthday'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Pat! Beautiful present. Magda x

    ReplyDelete