Monday 29 August 2011

MINI JOURNALLING AT AFTH

I went to AFTH yesterday for a mini journalling class with the lovely Kate Crane. I met up with old friends and new and had a wonderful day. We got very inky and messy, it takes me ages to get my hands and nails clean after a journal workshop in fact I always take gloves to wear and inevitably forget to put them on.
We used Dylusion paints and sprays on the background, gessoed through stencils, made marks with credit cards and bottle tops pen tops etc. The image is from Stampotique which we cut out and put the acetate bee wings behind. The bee stamp is one of Jo Capper-Sandons . All the embellishments were very kindly provided by Kate, she even gave us Rub-Ons to use on our pages. The quote on my "green" page is from Dyan's new stamps Dylusions Quintessential Quotes.  My pink page has an image which I stamped on to an old book page, the stamp is from Cats life but I don't have a link for that. The large exclamation mark is a stamp which Kate has. The ink splat is another Jo Capper-Sandon stamp but on the green page I have used diluted black paint and a fine paint brush to splatter the paint. I had a wonderful productive day learning lots of new journalling techniques, thank you Kate.

9 comments:

  1. Oh you can't put your gloves on! Just look at the ribbing Christine has to put up with!! we'd never let you live it down! Great pages Pat, they look really fab I think the ! Just finishes the page nicely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat

    Love your pages.. the big ! looks great!

    Lovely to meet up with you on Saturday. What a fun day! Thank you.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, great pages :-) It was good to meet up with you on Saturday. I am sorry we didn't get chance to chat more, but it was a fantastic day, wasn't it? Thank you so much for my lovely card too, just my colours :-)Catch up soon. S xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages Pat, they're lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages Pat....love your colour schemes!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You went back for more! You lucky thing! Fab pages.... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages, love both of them, great colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh these journal pages are so beautiful!
    Love them!

    xx Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pages Pat! It was great to see you on Saturday, the day was over far too quickly though!

    ReplyDelete