Sunday 24 October 2010

OMG 40 YEARS

On Tuesday this week my other half and I celebrated 40 years of marriage. I believe that this is a Ruby wedding anniversary and so I have done a journal page related to this in my large A4 book. I was only going to do a single page but it has developed into a double page spread. I have used various shades of red for the backgroud. I sprayed through a Crafters Workshop stencil "Dot Burst" with one of Dyan's Altered Originals sprays "Velvet". The side borders and all the images are from Dyan's new fabby stamps "Dylusions" and the girl image is actually called Ruby, very appropriate, I coloured her with Copic Markers. All the outlines and other bits of white were done with a Sakura white gel pen and I have used a "Golden" Acrylic paint Interference Red which gives a lovely shine when rubbed over a painted background. The top and bottom borders are downloads from Crowabout Studio. I have even managed to do some journaling this time which I don't normally do. Hope you like the pages.

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on your Ruby wedding - glad you celebrated with a bit of crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely background Pat - rubily red - very gorgeous! Congratulations on your ruby anniversary too! See you tomorrow at our meeting place...I'm frap starved up here - no Starbucks! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pages Pat, stunning colours and I love the journalling and the way you've shaped it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww I love it Pat, stunning colours, see you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! 40 years WOW!!!

    Love the journal pages so lush and perfect for your Ruby Wedding Anniversary!!!! Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat, firstly congratulations :-) So sorry I'd forgotten you told me - I should've made a card :-/
    Fantastic pages, I love the colours ;-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what was your present in the end Pat?! as it was a Ruby W A was it a ruby?!!!!do love the lush pages, great colour, so different. Ciao xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many Congratulations Pat ♥♥
    Hope you had a lovely day. Your pages are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats wow 40 years the pages are fab colours love them x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 40 years. Love the journal pages, the colours are fab.

    ReplyDelete