Sunday 12 September 2010

CRUSADE NUMBER 44

Michelle over at GPP Street Team has a new challenge this month ~ Scrape. The idea is to paint journal pages with several different colours using a credit card or splodger, brushes are not allowed. I cut a heart stencil from grey board, well 3 actually and then scraped paint through those too. I did my left had page first but didn't like the red I had used, too brown so I did it again using a bright red acrylic paint. It is still darker than the right hand page but it's ok. I think we will be adding to these pages later, if not I will journal about how my heart loves art! I used my A4 Moleskine for this double page spread and then did another double page,same technique in my smaller A5 Moleskine but this time I scraped white Gesso through sequin waste (punchinella) and a plastic spaghetti measure from Asda!

18 comments:

  1. Love these pages Pat the colours are so vibrant!! The cards on the previous post are excellent love them both Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so inventive love the red hearts x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture to the page. I did a bit of scraping today very similar to your white corners in one of our round robin journals! Love the bright colours. x C

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome Pat, love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, bravo for trying scraping, and stencils too! We will discuss *finishing* next month, so hold on! Thanks for sharing with the team.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB pages Pat. I'm sat here thinking Asda plastic spaghetti measure & then the penny dropped! Oh girl, what a FAB idea!! Lovely hearts too. Can't wait for next month now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love the texture of the gesso thru the "holes" - and the hearts are a fabulous touch!
    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages! I like the dimension of the two toned hearts on the left and the gesso punchinella---AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pages! i love the use of the stencils- always fun. But...what's a "splodger"?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely art :-) I love to use a splodger too although mine is usually an old i-tunes card or a phone top-up card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pages are fabulous Pat, love the vibrant colours, the 1st one is my favorite.

    Hope you are keeping well seems ages since we saw you.

    Love Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pages Pat, wonderful idea using the spaghetti measure - I'm always on the lookout for unusual stuff to use :-) Love the gesso on the end one
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops that was meant to be the 2nd one hehe
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both lovely. Like Anne, I really like how the white gesso pops off the page in the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your pages. I am also looking forward to finishing the page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow cool scraping. I wish I would've done some in my moleskin too now. Happy creations from germany, tj

    ReplyDelete